Monday 21 March 2016

3 home-brewed poems to commemorate World Poetry Day - 2016

FEAR                                                                                 
Sometimes fear incapacitates the best of us
Reduces us to a pulp
Makes thinking impossible and giving up inevitable
But the human spirit is amazing
It fights back with the help of our willpower

I’m down, I’m empty, I’m distraught
I’m trying to think but I can’t
Feelings confused and my chest still tight
Then a glimmer of hope grips my heart
Leaving me loose and light again

I ended up defining fear as
False
Evidence
Appearing
Real
Kwakuvi Dogbey


DO IT AFRAID
Everything is alright until I wake up
I am forced to face my fear once again
Today feels different because the fear of succeeding is what taunts me
I fear becoming great and then losing everything
I fear the jabs and the shots I would have to take as part of my pre-destined job
I am not able to keep my desires at bay any longer
I know then my life has changed forever
Then one day I feel this inner inkling
I feel underutilized
I feel uncomfortable
I feel something;
I feel something divine knocking on my doorstep
I start to hate mediocrity
I start to feel the need to become greater than which I already am
Its then I realize that to succeed I need to thread this path despite the fear.
Kwakuvi Dogbey

MAY 26
O’ the happiest day of my life
I felt my heart rejoice
I had accomplished one of life’s greatest tasks
My university education had concluded
My bliss was beyond compare

O’ the gloomiest day of my life
I felt my heart exude
An abrupt vacancy in my spirit
I was in a state of confusion
Melancholy overhauled my bliss

O’ priceless May 26
You departed with no yearning to stay a day longer
Although I aspire that you reside with us endlessly
With an appreciative but distraught heart
I bid you farewell
Atsu Dogbey

7 comments:

  1. I always had da feeling dat u were good at this. Jux glad i have been able to confirm it. Keep lighting us up my good frnd. Wonderful pieces

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very tight piece...really home brewed...thumbs up bro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible and laudable..big ups bro..Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great one dere.
    that's splendid

    ReplyDelete
  5. Atsu Dogbey is doing a howling work here and I think this guy needs a national recognition for such an initiative....if any of you guys on this blog side with me and you think you have have the link to make this initiative a nation wide recognized one...please do so..lets push up a brother ..#Atsu Dogbey#

    ReplyDelete
  6. great write up bros...you are doing great and i am proud you are unleashing the power in you...truly these are poems brewed in the african pot. #greatmind

    ReplyDelete