Sunday 9 October 2016

A Worshipper's Cry - Spoken Word Poetry


So I’m back again to square one
I find myself committing the same old sins
That burns me up with guilt
O Lord! Why do I feel consumed by this fire?
I am confused, my soul wrecked
My heart sinks low
Although I believe the Holy Spirit resides in me
All I feel now is a hollow space and my conscience, it eats
Where can I find you Lord?!
You taught me to search in my heart for you
I want to come before you Lord!
My Fortress and my Rock!
I long to worship you!
Instead, I hear a loud voice ridicule me
Oh you sinful being!
Do you think He is a God your worship can ever please?!

Lord! Help me!
I wish I could stop listening
But I can’t
I could feel the guilt gather up inside of me
I feel I’m about to explode
Unexpectedly, underneath this loud accusing voice
I could hear a soft voice call out my name
It was firm but tender
And wasn’t accusing me either
It was so comforting I listened harder
And this time the voice grew clearer
Before it said anything else
It asked that I worship the Lord
And quickly I did
I knelt down on my knees and cried;

Holy! Holy! Holy!
Lord God Almighty! I worship you!
And like the Psalmist, I sing praises unto your Holy Name!
I yearn for you Lord
I adore you! You’re all I need Lord!
Fill me with your Holy Ghost!
That I can worship You in Truth and in Spirit


/***Musical Interlude***|

Immediately I could feel Him grow greatly inside of me
I could feel a big burden vacate my soul
The one time loud accusing voice grew distant
And my burdened heart slowed its beat that instant
I could feel my head grow lighter
As I felt an inner peace unravel
I embraced this soothing sensation
By letting go of my spirit
So the Holy Spirit takes full control of me
I broke down into tears
‘Cos I was stunned by the beauty of His Presence

Holy! Holy! Holy!
Lord God Almighty! I worship you!
And like the Psalmist, I sing praises unto your Holy Name!
I yearn for you Lord
I adore you! You’re all I need Lord!
Thank you for your Holy Ghost!
That enabled me to worship You in Truth and in Spirit


/***Musical interlude***|

If I had my own way, I will leave this earth to reside forever in Your presence Lord!
He touched me gently
And with a voice so sweet and tender
He reassured me;
I kept calling you from the beginning
But you kept listening to your guilt
Remember always,
That I promised to be with you always
Your sins can never separate you from Me.
Continue to Worship Me as often as you can
And I pray you heed, every time I call


/***Musical Interlude***|

                                                                                                                                           Composed by:
                                                                                                                                             Atsu Dogbey
                                                                                                     (www.thedogbeyleague.blogspot.com)
                                                                                                                                             #letsallwrite

No comments:

Post a Comment