Tuesday 29 August 2017

Mosaic Walls, Drunken Thoughts


Mosaic walls
Finds me roaming in a trance
Witnessing panoramic visions
I hear a gunshot twice
The shooter approaches me
I try to wash his image off my eyes
A frantic attempt to return to reality

Tinted glasses
Through my lens I see a lady approach me
Her smile steals my stare
Her beauty lends me hope
In her hand though, is a shiny tool
I bend my neck willingly to donate my head
Watch out you drunk!

Coloured windows
Is that Grandpa?
Why is he cross and seated all by himself?
Let me get closer to be sure
It's been ages since I chanced upon him
He notices me and looks away
Wait a minute! Is Grandpa still alive?
His image begins to fade in my gaze
What the heck is going on with me?!

Blurred lights
I see another me in the garden
He seems to mock my appearance
He yells at me; Are you drunk again mate?!
Can`t fathom if it’s a question or rebuke
For all I feel now, is my light head spin

Sinking sands
I set off once again on the wrong foot
I hardly could find my feet on levelled ground
Wait! Did the earth just turn towards the east?
North seems farther away from west but closer to south
For the doorknob on the left now feels righter than thou
Permit me to join you on the floor brother!
I say to the only friend who doesn't judge me - my shadow

Cascading doors
The reason I write this poem sober
For the drink is making me feel older
In each passing glass, I find a friend like no other
I'm done! I'll quit sipping and rather,
Wait until sobriety finds me suited shelter

No comments:

Post a Comment