Friday 10 August 2018

Dreams & Confessions

In my sleep,
Familiar scenes playback in a rush
Interwoven with feelings of fear
I perceive myself in the most fragile of states
A broken tear and I could lose it all
I yell for help – that comes out real
I am pursued by the darkest of my pleasures
So serpentine is my fate that I avoid dilemmas
But…

I spoke the truth; I someday cheated
I held on still; I never showed you the exit
I endured the kill; although it was multi-faceted
I bet my lips were easily tempted
As I spoke words that could have waited
But…

So serpentine is my fate that I avoid dilemmas
Like; Who and why?
When and how?
Who was I?
I asked then and now,
With an eventual sigh
But…



As I spoke words that could have waited,
My options of exit grew limitless
I look back at love that tasted sour
And find myself wanting more
In dreamland, it is a love-not-to-loose
Realistically, this love-did-me-no-good
But…

I must go,
For I have confessions to make in my sleep
Truths I’d rather not keep
As darkness steals through light unnoticed,
So was my love pained but left unnoticed.

Atsu Dogbey
TDL.

1 comment: