Tuesday 4 September 2018

5th September Anniversaries

Today I bury two souls,
One lost and the other not
In immense pain do I lay to rest;
A great man and an unsure lover
I resign,

I resign myself to losses that be
In future, of the past and present still
For life heeds no mercy plea
Regardless of what the predicament may be
I refrain,

I refrain from the options of hope,
That rides on wings of uncertainty
I’d rather prepare to cope,
And grind painfully through the mills of certainty
I remain,

I remain, to one soul an unending source of misery,
The other was to me a mystery - an untold story.
A man whose invitation to my future is a persona non grata
A woman whose presence was to me - magic like no other
I regret,

I regret, as I say goodbye to my first Hero
A man who will forever reside in me
I recount, that goodbye was my lover’s last hello
A closure that will forever daunt me.
I resolve,

I resolved to desperate measures,
Late night longings and perpetual fear
My tears - our tears
The priceless moments we both shared,
Will, as long as I remain,
Be buried in tranquility,
In the depths of my arching heart.

Till I meet you both someday;
Fare thee well, Father.
I wish you well, Babe.



Kenneth Atsu Dogbey
TDL.

5 comments:

  1. So deep in thought but plain to the heart. Two independent events but surprisingly of similar effect. Keeps me thinking. Datz grt Ken. Its wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my learned colleague. I have tapped greatly from your storehouse of knowledge and for that I am grateful. Thank you again.

      Delete
  2. So deep in thought but plain to the heart. Two independent events but surprisingly of similar effect. Keeps me thinking. Datz grt Ken. Its wonderful

    ReplyDelete