Thursday 11 May 2017

WHY COMPARE ME TO A SUMMER DAY?


Discomfort breeds in a mind of zero compassion
Sadness engulfs the soul uninvited
Hurt has enforced its final decision
Leaving a sobbing heart unattended 

I fight! But the tribulations hit back strong
With my might! I feel I have conquered it all
But tonight! Our last dance takes place down the hall
Left, right, center, a cold hug follows a kiss of betrayal

You mistake our path for that of Santa
Full of gifts no one dares put asunder
In reality though, not in Kung Fu Panda
The strong does not always emerge a winner

So, why compare me to a summer day?
Why subject me to a winter of disdain?
Autumn is a season, ‘I bet you didn’t know that until today’.
I’ll send to you a card of deception in spring someday.


Atsu Dogbey
(A Member of TDL)

No comments:

Post a Comment